When we talk about lemons we can generally get the taste of them too! We feel the sourness of them on our tongue. Think about when you eat a lemon. Your lips pucker up, you make that funny shaking movement with your mouth and your eyes may water.
Lemons are filled with vitamin C and fresh lemon juice can easily give you your daily necessary quota of Vitamin C. Lemons are also filled with potassium, magnesium and copper, and excellent electrolytes.
Lemons are sour. But they are also so beneficial for our health and there is a good way, and a tasty and delicious way, to enjoy lemons.
The thing about a lemon is that you want to enjoy the health benefit of the WHOLE lemon. This includes the peel. So if you are ordering hot water with lemon slices in a restaurant it is not going to be nearly as beneficial as the following recipe.
Lemon water recipe
- Pick a few lemons off your tree. (or buy a few organic lemons)
- Slice them in half.
- Squeeze a little of each lemon into a cup of water, not all.
- Grate some of the lemon rind into a zest.
- Add the zest to your water too.
- Place the remains of the lemon into a mug or travel cup.
- Fill with hot or boiling water, or ice water.
- Mix it all.
- Drink. Feel the health benefits.
How does lemon water help?
- Lemon water aids digestion by balancing the acidity in our stomachs.
- It helps absorb food.
- It can store insulin.
Lemon water boosts your metabolism. Have it first thing in the morning to give your GI tract the push it needs. It eases constipation and gets rid of fluid retention.
Plus, all that Vitamin C will boost your immune system and cleanse your system.
Try it. Make lemon water today.
Another sources linked in Family Life Goals ’s articles: